Are You a Responsible Person – Personal Liability for Sales Tax
August 20, 2020 – 1:00-2:00 PM CDT
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar.
Join us for a live webinar where we’ll discuss the various types of “Responsible Persons” to better understand personal liability concerns and any scenarios that might impact you from a sales tax perspective. Our State and Local Tax professionals Steven Scarborough and Shane Stewart will share their perspectives and important updates on the following:
- State sales tax impacts and reactions to COVID-19
- The current status of economic nexus legislation
- State definitions of various types of “Responsible Persons”
- Scenarios that can cause a Responsible Person to become personally liable for sales, use or excise tax
- How you can protect yourself and your business from assessments, penalties and interest
- Opportunities to increase cash flow by reclaiming overpaid taxes
- Steven Scarborough, Senior Manager in State and Local Tax Services – Weaver
- Shane Stewart, Partner in State and Local Tax Services – Weaver
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar • Level: Basic • No prerequisites • Complimentary to attend
This webinar is for all levels of accountants, finance professionals and CFOs. Please note that each person should register and attend individually in order to receive CPE credit.
Can't make this webinar? Registering will allow you to view the webinar on-demand, when it is most convenient for you.
Questions about registration? Contact Kayli McCarver at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.882.7340.