The Essentials of 1031 Exchanges
September 24, 2020 – 1:00-2:00 PM CDT
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar.
One of the most widely used tools to defer gains from the sale of real estate is a Section 1031 exchange. Economic and legislative uncertainties make Section 1031 exchanges even more lucrative for many business leaders. Successfully structuring a 1031 exchange requires careful planning, professional expertise, and a thorough understanding of exchange complexities.
Our panelists will discuss the regulatory requirements, structures, processes, and compliance issues necessary to successfully complete a 1031 Exchange. We will take a dive into exchange complexities and explain common pitfalls.
In this live panel discussion, we’ll discuss:
- Emerging guidance impacting property qualifying for 1031 treatment
- Common misconceptions involving receipt of boot and how to mitigate the negative tax impacts
- Proposed legislative changes that may impact the go-forward viability of 1031 exchanges
- Donna Cowdrey, Partner and Qualified Intermediary – 1031 Ventures
- Rob Nowak, Partner in Tax Services – Weaver
Moderated by Weaver's Rob Myatt, Partner-in-Charge of Energy Services.
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar • Level: Basic • No prerequisites • Complimentary to attend
This webinar is for all levels of accountants, finance professionals and CFOs. Please note that each person should register and attend individually in order to receive CPE credit.
Can't make this webinar? Registering will allow you to view the webinar on-demand, when it is most convenient for you.
Questions about registration? Contact Natalie Ramsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.882.7546.