As a board member, it’s critical to ensure your organization is ready for whatever lies just beyond the horizon. In this series of articles, we present five critical questions to ask and central topics to discuss at your board meetings to help ensure that your organization is prepared to weather whatever challenges the future holds. These discussions should help your organization adapt to changing landscapes and find both immediate and long-term success.
In this article, you will find responses to these five questions:
- How will ChatGPT and other generative AI change risks and opportunities for our business?
- Has the organization evaluated and prepared for new SEC rules requiring public companies to not only timely report material cybersecurity incidents, but also to annually disclose additional information regarding cybersecurity risk management, strategy and governance?
- Has the board reviewed the company’s capabilities to prepare for new ESG reporting requirements for public companies?
- Has the board evaluated the company’s Three Lines of Defense?
- Has the company incorporated new clawback controls into its executive compensation structure?