“Inspire” means to fill (someone) with ability to do or feel something; to stimulate an action or motivate.
In public accounting, women currently make up 52% of entry-level positions nationally, but only approximately 20% make it to the partnership level. Studies show that a balanced gender mix enables better problem solving, ultimately leading to better performance.
Inspire was launched in 2005 as a career development initiative designed not only to enhance recruitment and retention efforts, but also to promote, motivate and advance the careers of our female professionals to whatever level they aspire.
Today, gender equality and opportunity continue to be a strategic priority for Weaver. Inspire is a firm-wide, year-round women’s initiative focused on attracting and retaining the next generation of female leaders through visibility, progression and advocacy.
While Inspire is a women’s initiative, we recognize that all employees face challenges with work-life integration. Because Inspire is an extension of the culture we promote throughout the firm, the program supports the needs of all of our employees, both men and women, by supporting professional development, networking opportunities and work-life integration in all parts of the firm.
“Inspire provides a tool box of resources and initiatives available to those women who seek career success at Weaver. It is not meant to make it easier or to encourage a sense of uniqueness due to gender.” - John Mackel, Managing Partner and CEO
Resources and Programs
As part of our strategic plan, we make content and resources available throughout the year, so people at every level can be inspired. Here are a few recent Inspire-sponsored programs:
- Inspire Summit – In this day-long event, we discussed how to define success on your own terms, a topic inspired by Walt Disney President Anne Sweeney, who said, “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” Weaver’s Inspire Summit is a bi-annual event, with the next one scheduled for fall 2018.
- How to Build and Grow Business Relationships – Three Weaver partners who also are very successful business developers shared what has made them successful in growing their business. They shared stories, insights and best practices useful to participants at every professional level.
- Tabletop Discussions: Defining Success on Your Own Terms – In all Weaver regions, we convened in small group settings to discuss a range of topics from leadership and time management to networking and fostering positive ideas.
“Once I graduated college, I was worried I’d have to pick between an office job and a music career. With the support of the partners here at Weaver, I’ve learned that with the right firm I don’t have to put my life in compartments.”
- Nessa Ramos, Executive Assistant
"I was invited to interview with team members during a Weaver office visit. I could just tell that the culture dynamic of the team was nothing like I had seen at any other firm. I knew I wanted to be a part of this firm and team."
- Melanie Tull, IT Advisory Senior II