With their knowledge of such topics as tax energy credits and incentives, energy consulting and transaction structuring, our professionals from diverse practice areas advise developers and investors, among others, to help identify potential tax credits and other opportunities.
The federal government’s monumental $369 billion in spending and tax credits pursuant to the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) is as energy transformative as it is a game changer for developers, investors, project financing and transaction structuring, just to name a few of the areas experiencing the greatest impact. Production and investment tax credits may be available for existing renewable sources and emerging zero-emissions energy sources, biomass, renewable natural gas, energy storage, clean hydrogen, and carbon capture technologies, among others.
- A Look at What's in the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act: Renewable Energy Tax Credits
- The Inflation Reduction Act: Clean Fuels Tax Credits
Don’t Waste Time. Find Potential Opportunities Now.
Weaver can help.
Contact us about IRA tax credits, energy project structuring, energy compliance services and other opportunities in dynamic areas including:
- Existing renewable energy technology
- Emerging zero-emissions energy sources
- New incentives for renewable energy projects
- New incentives for production of clean fuels
- New incentives for clean hydrogen
- Carbon capture technology
- Bonus credit amounts conditioned upon certain labor requirements
- Bonus credit amounts conditioned on project location
- Monetization of certain tax credits
- Qualified Advanced Energy Projects and application process
- Domestic manufacturing of energy components
- Domestic content requirements
Stay tuned for upcoming podcasts, webinars and articles covering this dynamic and valuable space of energy tax credits including the most frequently asked questions in this area, analysis of continuing to be published IRS and Administrative guidance.
- Qualifying Advanced Energy Project Credit Allocation Program Guidance Released
- Beginning of Construction for IRA Qualified Facilities
- Prevailing Wage and Apprenticeship Requirements Increase IRA Credit Amounts
Videos and Podcasts
- Energy Evolution, Episode 1
- Podcast: Breaking Down the Inflation Reduction Act
- Tax Credits in the Inflation Reduction Act
- Provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act
- It's Not Easy Being Green - Buyers Beware: Green Credits May Not Be So Green
- Now Open for Business: Department of Energy eXCHANGE Portal
- Let the Transfer Games Begin
- IRS and Treasury to Issue Guidance for Inflation Reduction Act Energy Credits and Incentives
- Inflation Reduction Act Changes Could Help REITs Get Some Sun
- The Inflation Reduction Act Permits the Transfer of Energy Credits
- The Inflation Reduction Act Emphasizes Energy Tax Credits to Spur Energy Transition
- Doubling of R&D Tax Credit Can Mean More Cash for Technology Companies and Startups
- Will U.S. Multinationals Operating in Australia Get Relief From Double Taxation Through the Inflation Reduction Act?
- Accounting and the SEC Quarterly Update
- New Federal Greenhouse Gas Funding Raises Profile of Green Banks