In the United States, 45 states, the District of Columbia, and many local taxing jurisdictions at the city, county, and municipal level impose some form of sales and use tax. We define these as all taxes applied during a transaction related to a sale or purchase.
With so many different entities imposing sales and use taxes each with their own set of rules, it can be difficult to know which tax requirements apply to your business. That’s where Weaver comes in. We can save you time and money by using our nationwide knowledge and experience navigating these tax requirements to effectively evaluate and help minimize your overall sales and use tax liabilities.
Minimizing our clients’ sales and use tax liabilities and helping them achieve and maintain compliance is our primary goal. Our sales tax professionals achieve sales and use tax savings for our clients in the form of cash refunds and reductions to audit assessments from state and local tax authorities.
Our experience covers many industries such as manufacturing, construction, technology, transportation and distribution, and retail. Additionally, our professionals work closely with upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry.
Our sales and use tax services include:
- Overpayment recovery
- Audit assistance and defense
- Compliance outsourcing
- Nexus evaluations
- Liability mitigation and voluntary disclosure assistance
- Settlement negotiations, penalty abatements, interest waivers
- Direct pay permit applications, ongoing compliance, & audit representation
- Due diligence / transaction advisory
- Taxability research, private letter ruling requests
- Personnel training and process improvements
- Technology selection guidance