Weaver’s motor fuels and excise tax professionals have decades of experience delivering tax savings, minimizing overpayments, reducing audit risks, and assisting clients in tax controversy disputes. In addition to resolving complex tax filing challenges, we work with internal tax compliance departments to deliver customized training programs and assist with streamlining compliance reporting processes. Contact us about these motor fuels and excise tax exemptions: interstate inventory transfers, exported fuel, foreign fuel, idling fuel, non-transportation equipment, off-road usage, power take-off systems, sales tax fuel exemptions and theft, disruption and contamination.
Our motor fuels and excise tax services include:
Research and Consulting
Leverage our industry knowledge and experience to get the information you need, when you need it.
- Multistate and federal taxability guidance
- New business activities impact analysis
- Federal and state certificate retention and exemption application
- Blender tax credits
- Renewable fuels
Registration and Reporting Assistance
Save staff time and avoid tax penalties by letting us manage your registration and reporting requirements.
- License Registrations
- Federal Form 637
- Terminal operator
- Motor fuels tax
- Inspection / environmental
- Return and Report Preparation
- Quarterly Federal Form 720
- Monthly state motor fuels
Federal / State Audit Assistance
We know the ins and outs of an audit from start to finish, and you will get the benefit of both informal and formal knowledge and experience. Our team can handle all phases of the audit process.
- Audit risk and preparedness assessment
- Voluntary disclosures
- Pre-audit planning
- Audit representation and defense
- Penalty abatements
- Settlement negotiation
Overpayment Recovery (Reverse Audits)
If you have been paying too much, we will help identify areas for tax recovery through reverse audits.
- Identify and secure all available fuels / excise tax exemptions, deductions and credits
- Evaluate and qualify specific equipment types to maximize applicable exemptions
- Develop and implement enhancements for fuel consumption tracking
- Texas Comptroller Fuels License Search
- IRS Publication 510 – Excise Taxes
- IRS Form 637 – Application for Registration (for Certain Excise Tax Activities)
- American Petroleum Institute, State Motor Fuel Tax Reports and Maps
- Federation of Tax Administrators, State Motor Fuel Tax Rates