DBITS: Deliverables-Based IT Services
Contract Number: DIR-TSO-3877
Please contact us for quotes, purchase orders and warranty information.
Partner, IT Advisory Services
24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1800
Houston, Texas 77046
For almost 70 years, Weaver has provided assurance, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients across Texas and beyond. Although we serve a wide range of industries in Texas, the public sector has always been a significant component of our business. Ranked as the largest independently owned accounting firm in the Southwest, Weaver has more than 700 employees and operations in nine cities across the United States.
Weaver is proud to be an approved provider of DBITS services for IT Assessments and Planning. DBITS (short for Deliverables Based IT Services) is part of the State of Texas Department of Information Resources’ (DIR’s) co-operative purchasing program. Any Texas state, county or local government office or public education entity—no matter how small—can participate in the Co-op Contracts program.
If your organization has needs relevant to IT Assessments and Planning, then contracting with Weaver can streamline your procurement efforts while ensuring compliance with state and local government procurement requirements.
As a public accounting firm, we bring something different to the DBITS portfolio. Because we are an accounting firm at heart, you can be assured that our deliverables will drive towards technology solutions that have meaningful business or organizational impact.
For more information on the Department of Information Resources program, please visit the DIR Cooperative Contracts program website.
Technology categories awarded:
Our State of Texas: Department of Information Resources services include:
IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; and strategic and tactical planning.
Weaver’s IT Advisory Services team consists of CPAs, Certified Internal Auditors (CIAs), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSPs), Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISAs), SAP-Certified Consultants and a former Information Resource Manager of a major Texas state agency. In addition, we have the ability to add resources as needed to acquire specific skill sets for project needs through our approved DBITS sub-contractors.
Our IT Advisory team’s technical skills include:
- IT governance/management frameworks (COBIT, ISO 27000 series, ITIL, FISMA)
- ERP applications including SAP, Oracle Applications, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and a variety of smaller, industry-specific and custom-developed applications
- Database management systems including Oracle, MS SQL Server and DB2
- Operating system environments including Windows Server, UNIX/LINUX, IBM iSeries (AS/400), IBM Mainframe zOS and VMware
- Experience with a variety of hosting arrangements including on-premise, co-location, dedicated server and cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
The value of any one SOW may not exceed $10 million including all extensions, renewals, and change orders. In order to be awarded a Purchase Order hereunder, Vendor(s) must respond, in writing, to a Statement of Work (SOW) for services as issued by Customers (State Agencies, Government Entity), consistent with the Terms and Conditions of the DIR DBITS Contract. Vendor(s) shall only respond to SOWs for Technology Categories which Vendor(s) have been awarded in the DIR DBITS Contract.
- Clients are required to complete a Statement of Work (SOW) following the standard DIR requirements and distribute the SOW to the vendor(s) of their choosing. To access the SOW form, click here.
- The number of vendors contacted and the time requested for a response are the responsibility of the client.
- Work cannot commence until the vendor receives:
- A signed SOW (by authorized representatives of both the client and the vendor)
- A purchase order (reference DIR contract number DIR-TSO-3877 on your purchase order)
- Terms and conditions negotiations, as well as improvements to the SOW, should be clarified and confirmed by the client and the vendor.
- All services provided will be according to the SOW and in accordance with the DIR DBITS Contract.
- Email SOWs and purchase orders to Brian Thomas at email@example.com or call at 512.609.1980 with any questions.