Weaver Wednesday: Government CPE Series
GFOA’s Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Award Program (COA) is now requiring all applicants to submit the calculation of the net investment in capital assets they report on their government-wide statements of net position. This on-demand session will provide a review of the proper calculation of this important classification of net position and discuss frequent errors seen in annual comprehensive financial reports submitted to the COA, one of the most frequent reasons for denial of the award.
Those who successfully complete this on-demand session will be able to identify:
- The role of net investment in capital assets as a component of net position
- The reporting units for which a net investment in capital assets is calculated
- Capital vs. noncapital liabilities and deferred resource flows
- Frequent missteps in the calculation of net investment in capital assets
Correctly Calculating Net Investment in Capital Assets
Meet the speaker:
- Michele Mark Levine, Director of the Technical Service Center — Government Finance Officers Association
This webinar is for all levels of business professionals, accountants and CFOs.
Please note that CPE credit is not awarded for recorded webinars. Keep an eye on our events page, or sign up to receive invites for future webinars.