Focused on fraud, waste and abuse in government, this presentation highlights fraud prevention. We discuss fraud prevention efforts undertaken by the federal government in anticipation of increased fraud waste and abuse associated with the CARES Act. We also discuss fraud, waste and abuse perpetrated internally by government employees by examining a recent case study that defrauded an agency out of $6.7 million.
Fraud Waste Abuse in Government – A Look at Internal and External Fraud
Attendees will learn:
- Lessons learned in fraud prevention from previous government stimulus initiatives
- Fraud prevention measures implemented in advance of the CARES Act
- Fraud prevention tools to minimize fraud waste and abuse perpetrated by government employees
- Travis Casner, Director, Forensics and Litigation Services - Weaver
- Brian Molloy, Chief of Investigations - City of Austin
This webinar is for all levels of business professionals, accountants and CFOs. Please note that CPE credit is not awarded for recorded webinars. Keep an eye on our events page, or sign up to receive invites for future webinars.
Weaver Wednesdays - Government CPE Webinar Series: Beyond the Generic IT: Discussion of Privacy, Security, Business Continuity, and the Remote Landscape
Bringing together industry leaders and subject matter experts, our annual CPE event provides insight on updated compliance requirements as well as…