More than most industries, financial institutions face unrelenting public and regulatory scrutiny. Although the regulatory landscape may be shifting, Weaver clients know where they can turn for help in managing their risks, staying in compliance and maintaining public trust.
Weaver’s Financial Institutions Consulting professionals are widely known and respected for their understanding not just of regulatory compliance, but also of the practical, day-to-day realities involved in managing banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, finance companies, non-bank lenders, insurance companies and collection agencies. Weaver combines in-depth industry knowledge with broad skills ranging from risk assessment, internal audit and IT security assessment services to the more specialized requirements of SOX, FDICIA, Model Audit Rule, FFIEC, CFPB and other regulatory requirements.
Key focus areas of the Financial Institutions Consulting group include:
- FDICIA compliance (below or above the $1 billion threshold), Sarbanes-Oxley and the Model Audit Rule
- Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management Implementation
- Internal audit
- Regulatory compliance reviews and preparedness:
- Lending, deposit and other consumer regulatory compliance
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) compliance
- Interest Rate Risk (IRR)/liquidity risk management
- Fair Lending compliance
- Automated Clearing House/Remote Data Capture (ACH/RDC) compliance
- CFPB evaluation and readiness
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Information Technology assessments
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) compliance
- IT controls and security assessments