Retail real estate continues its pivot in response to rapid market changes. The sector outlook is at best uncertain. Retail lease payment defaults due to tenant financial challenges are at the highest rates in decades—leaving landlords with little recourse against non-paying tenants. COVID further accelerated the shift to online retail, reducing demand for physical retail space. Prior to COVID, retail property owners responded to the pressure on brick-and-mortar retail by securing “experiential” tenants where the draw for an in-person consumer shopping visit provided some protection against online competition. Experiential businesses remain those most disrupted by the pandemic.
Real Estate Breakout: Retail Real Estate Reimagined
In this webinar, our panel of industry leaders will address the current state of retail real estate and reimagine its future.
Key topics include:
- Factors driving retail owners, managers and tenants to pivot
- Attracting consumers back to traditional retail tenants
- Imagining the face of tomorrow’s retail experience
- Alan Shor, President and Co-Founder - The Retail Connection
- Jason Bentley, Vice President, Technology & Innovation - Seven Multi-Site Solutions
- Kevin Labrecque, Senior Vice President, Performance Excellence - Seven Multi-Site Solutions
- Steven Levin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer - Centennial Real Estate
Moderated by Weaver's Rob Nowak, Partner, Tax Services.
This webinar is for all levels of business professionals, accountants and CFOs. Please note that CPE credit is not awarded for recorded webinars. Keep an eye on our events page, or sign up to receive invites for future webinars.