Cybersecurity: Why 60 Minutes a Year of Training Isn’t Cutting It!
Friday, October 6, 2023
12:00 pm ET | 11:00 am CT | 10:00 am MT | 9:00 am PT
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar.*
The Verizon Data Breach Incident Report lists that organizations reporting a data breach have reported completing an average of 60 minutes of training a year yet still have the negative impact of an event. This session will look to unpack the contributing factors to this situation and explore the necessary adjustments to assist with improvement. We’ll also take a step back and review how better alignment and interpretation of some of the leading program frameworks and control guidance can assist in providing direction.
Those attending this session will:
- Gain insights into the factors contributing to the ineffectiveness of minimal annual cybersecurity training, including evolving threats, limited engagement, and outdated approaches
- Explore practical adjustments and improvements that organizations can adopt to enhance their cybersecurity posture, from personalized training paths to continuous skill reinforcement
- Examine how reinterpreting and aligning leading program frameworks and control guidance can guide organizations toward more robust cyber hygiene practices, fostering proactive defense and resilience
Meet the speakers:
- Brittany George, Partner-in-Charge, Technology Services
- Trip Hillman, Partner, IT Advisory Services
- Shelby Mathers, Manager, IT Advisory Services
1 CPE credit available for the live webinar • Instructional Delivery Method: Group Internet Based • Program Level: Basic • Prerequisites: None • Advanced Preparation: None • Recommended Field of Study: Accounting • Free to Attend
Cancellation policy: In the rare event that a CPE event needs to be canceled, Weaver will email all invitees and registrants promptly communicating the cancelation as well as pull down any calendar appointments already sent for the event. In all cases where possible, Weaver will reschedule the training and provide the audience with information on the new date(s).
*Weaver is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Can't make this webinar? Registering will allow you to view the webinar on-demand, when it is most convenient for you.
Compliant Resolution Policy: Questions or concerns about these policies? Please contact Rory Doolin, email@example.com; 832.320.3435.