As a board member, it’s critical to ensure your organization is ready for whatever lies just beyond the horizon. In this series of articles, we present five critical questions to ask and central topics to discuss at your board meetings to help ensure that your organization is prepared to weather whatever challenges the future holds. These discussions should help your organization adapt to changing landscapes and find both immediate and long-term success.
In this article, you will find responses to these five questions:
- Has the organization examined its banking relationships and liquidity risks in the current economic climate?
- How has the company assessed and validated internal control over sustainability reporting?
- Is the audit committee fully leveraging its relationships with internal audit?
- Does our Board of Directors composition reflect current requirements and our own commitment to diversity?
- Does the board have an adequate understanding of the various compliance requirements of the organization and how management ensures compliance is achieved?