Weaver understands the ever changing, complex landscape of health care. While you are focused on helping patients succeed, there are many regulatory compliance and business aspects that are vitally important to the health of an organization. Weaver can help. We have over 70 years of experience providing audit, advisory, and tax services to the health care industry, spanning from institutional healthcare providers to physician practices to life science and biopharmaceuticals.
Services we provide to the health care industry include:
- Accounting and business office policies and procedures reviews
- Audits, review, compilation, and agreed upon procedures
- Business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- Business process improvement (BPI)
- Fraud prevention and detection control evaluation
- CFO advisory services
- CIO advisory services
- Employee benefit and health plan audits
- Enterprise risk management
- Forensics and litigation services
- HIPAA security audits
- Internal audit (both outsourced and co-sourced)
- Payment card industry (PCI) data security assessment
- Regulatory compliance audits
- Review of information systems and accounting software packages
- Revenue trend analysis
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and monitoring
- System and Organization Control (SOC) reporting
- Valuation opinions
As of July 15, hospitals and other health care providers have accepted more than $62 billion in federal payments through the Provider Relief Fund. This fund was created as part of the federal CARES Act to provide financial support for health care providers affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
One the fastest growing cybercrimes out there, ransomware hits the health care industry particularly hard because in many cases it can be a matter of life and death. If health care workers cannot access medical records, their ability to treat patients is severely impacted.