As a board member, it’s critical to ensure your organization is ready for whatever lies just beyond the horizon. In this series of articles, we present five critical questions to ask and central topics to discuss at your board meetings to help ensure that your organization is prepared to weather whatever challenges the future holds. These discussions should help your organization adapt to changing landscapes and s find both immediate and long-term success.
In this article, you will find responses to these five questions:
- How can the board assist management during uncertain financial times?
- How are we attracting and retaining the best staff?
- Have we assessed our company’s readiness for a cybersecurity incident?
- How challenging is the close process in our organization?
- Does our organization appropriately leverage technology to maximize processes and internal controls?