Government entities face a myriad of unique factors — meeting demands for transparency, balancing the competing needs of multiple stakeholders and maintaining prudent stewardship to uphold the public’s trust.
As a trusted advisor to federal, state and local government entities, Weaver provides a full range of assurance , advisory and consulting services to federal agencies, state entities, and local governments including major cities, special authorities, counties and school districts.
Weaver’s professionals are known for helping government clients address problems, achieve compliance, and prevent fraud or loss. By assisting agencies to build mature, strategic processes and governance, we bring a long-term perspective to help our clients improve their service to constituents.
Weaver’s knowledge and experience in the government industry delivers impact and value to a world of complex regulations.
Our core services include:
- Agency-specific financial reporting for disaster relief grants, education, environment, housing, transportation, corrections and other special needs
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report Review for GFOA recognition
- Assistance with implementing new GASB standards
- Audits of economic development agencies and component units
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Financial statement audits under GAAS and GAGAS
- Single audits under Uniform Guidance and state-specific guidance
- Construction audits
- Data analytics
- Enterprise risk assessment
- Forensic accounting
- Fraud prevention and employee training
- Government consulting
- Grant compliance and sub-recipient monitoring
- IT audits and IT security assessments
- Internal audits
- Ongoing risk management
- Performance and programmatic audits
- Public sector forensic audits and investigations
- Business process improvement, reengineering and operating models
- Change management
- DEIB and talent management
- Grant funding management
- Human capital strategy
- IT and IS strategy and implementation support
- Infrastructure planning
- Organizational design and assessment
- Organizational planning and benchmarking
Beyond financial audit and assurance, Weaver provides a variety of Risk Advisory and IT Advisory services, including risk assessment, internal audit, contract compliance, performance audit, forensic investigation, IT audits and IT security assessments. You can depend on Weaver.