From building the right team to developing processes and controls, establishing a strong public company infrastructure begins with strategic planning and an understanding of the basics. Our presenters look at the building blocks to establish a public company foundation, including accounting, audit, governance, and legal and regulatory compliance. We dive deep into the processes and controls needed for going public, including SOX readiness, and uncover critical requirements related to IT systems and security.
Session 2: Building a Public Company Infrastructure: The Foundation
Viewers will walk away with a better understanding of the following:
- Organizational functions and structures needed to go public
- Processes and controls necessary to prepare quality financial statements
- Critical IT systems and security components to being publicly fit
- Alyssa Martin, National Strategy Leader, Large Market and Public Entities - Weaver
- Greg Englert, Partner, ESG Practice Leader - Weaver
- Brett Nabors, Partner, IT Advisory Services - Weaver
This session is part of Weaver’s five-part virtual event series, Taking Your Company Public? Planning for the Journey Ahead.
We encourage you to join Weaver for an informative event series covering the nuances of taking your company public and how to be publically fit. Taking Your Company Public? Planning for the Journey Ahead, includes industry leaders walking through the strategic considerations and steps required for going public while identifying opportunities and pitfalls to consider at every stage.
This webinar is for all levels of business professionals, accountants and CFOs. Please note that CPE credit is not awarded for recorded webinars. Keep an eye on our events page, or sign up to receive invites for future webinars.